Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tree of Democracy

I am just an ordinary rain tree
Living a life of quiet obscurity
When one fine morning in May
I was suddenly jolted by people in black
loudly making their way
To gather under my shade
Passing minutes under my umbrella of leafy spread
In somber tones and with dignity
Befitting the sitting of the Perak state assembly.

Many came to gaze and wonder at me
A plaque was erected at my knees
With cameras flashing instant fame
I was proclaimed
The Tree of Democracy
Oh what ecstacy!

But none too soon
It hastened my doom
The plaque was broken up
My roots were dug up
Baring my old weathered sole
Piercing my heart and soul.

But the men in black attended to my injury
Auctioned off the shattered plaque for charity
Bemoaning the Death of Democracy
Under the wounded rain tree.





Copyright © reserved
. May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment