Friday, May 1, 2009

I Dreamed a Dream

I dreamed a dream in time gone bye
When Hope was high
And the Struggle worth living
I dreamed that
Hope would never die
I dreamed that the
Party would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
(of the FRU, water canons and arrests)
When dreams were made and used, and wasted
There were no ransom to be paid
(under ISA detention)
No song sung, no wine tasted
But the tigers came after March 08
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
As they turn up your Dreams to shame
And still I dream the Party'll come to its senses
And we still fight our struggles together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seems
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed
Adapted from 'Les Miserables'

No comments:

Post a Comment